Sunday, July 23, 2006

Truth is stranger than fiction

I think that I could very well write a blog, exclusively commenting on the comings and goings of the dc metro. I love it. There have been a few times i should really have flipped open the journal and start writing about what I was witnessing in front of me. People are so weird. And so interesting.

Tonight I saw a woman wearing red leather heels with all kinds of great tassles hanging around her ankles. I could never pull off red leather tassled heels. But this woman was doing it beautifully.

We (Jadine and I) headed out to U Street where you can catch some chow at Bens Chili Bowl (Bens = real good), or if you are in a jazzy mood just walk down the street and get your fill. Tonight we ended up going to meet Jadines friends at a place called Bus Boys and Poets. It didn't happen to be open mike night or a night for jazz so we just sat around and talked. One of the girls that was with us, Meg was affirming my idea about writing about the subway. "We could totally do a documentary on the orange line alone!!". Oh Yeah we could.

Last story of the night: a man with a ginormous umbrella got on at the Silver Spring stop made the journey with us at the beginning of the night to U Street. As soon as his feet met the pavement, he ran, SPRINTED downstairs to the next train landing. "Well", i thought to myself, maybe the train comes in a timely manner that he feels like break neck speeds are necessary." But on the way home, he happened to be on the train home with us. I mean before the train doors opened all the way he was flying down and up to the next landing. Dude, where's the fire? It's 12:45 am, and there is like a 13-14 minute wait, soooo..... who knows? This is when a camera is handy, to ask him this very question.

Okay, off to sleep.

No comments: