Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Screen on the Green and Rocky

Last night I went to the Screen on the Green with Steve (Mac enthusiast, NCC member, YWAMer) and his friend Joe, Christina, and others. We kicked the soccer ball around untill it got dark and it was time to watch the classic Rocky. The first Rocky is definitely the best of the cannon. It was fun to watch with a thousand other people at the Mall. We all cheered when Rocky gets the girl, when he makes it to the top of those flight of stairs in Philly, and when he knocks out Apollo Creed. Indoor theatres are way overrated.

Some of my favorite Rocky quotes:

1. Rocky: Adrienne!!!!!!!!

2. Rocky: "You've got gaps, I've got gaps, together we fill in the gaps..."

3. Rocky: Yo.

4. Apollo Creed: Stay in school and use your brain. Be a doctor, be a lawyer, carry a leather briefcase. Forget about sports as a profession. Sports make ya grunt and smell. See, be a thinker, not a stinker.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way cool. I wanna go!

Um, I wanna be a thinker and a stinker. It's fun to be outside and exercise and all that jazz!

Anonymous said...

dang. . .i hope i didnt miss all the screen on the greens. . .will be in h-town next week. . .diedrich's is on the list. . .

JD said...

man trey... i wish i could be there in houston. i have been really missing it this week. glad you are getting a chance to see all your loved ones

JD said...

p.s. i like your six random things, especially the super hero bit.

Devina said...

this id photo is much better than the tiny words of before- glad you got it fixed.
I'm suppose to be working, but I've been working for so long... I can't wait for the end of next week.

JD said...

devina!!! you have to let me know how work is going. all my teacher friends have been MIA :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, Jen, is this a guilt trip for all of us teachers. There you go again, pretending to be the Holy Spirit. :-) I'm no longer MIA!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops! English teacher edit: In my post above, change the period after "teachers" to a question mark... Where's the edit function???? :-)