Thursday, August 24, 2006

Matt and Christy Rasch and the young'ins



Tuesday night I drove to Baltimore, because some friends, Matt and Christy were in town to visit parents. They now have three...count'em three ankle biters, one of whom was born just a few months ago. The oldest, Eliza is about four, Sophie is almost two and Josiah, the baby is three months.




Is it not surreal to see your friends' children strongly resemble their parents??? Eliza is her father. I'm not kidding. She is strong, incredibly honest and bold, and really funny. We were eating dinner and Christy complimented me on my hair. "Nuh uh!!" Eliza proclaimed, "i don't like it!."



Sophie reminds me a great deal of Christy. She is charming in a quiet way, and is her own person. She is a cuddler too which i like alot. We watched blues clues together and i got a few seconds of video. All i wanted the kid to say was hi, but you know that was not going to happen.

Sophie Take One

Sophie Take Two



Matt and Christy are now missionaries in Budapest, Hungary. They been an encouragement to me over the years. Matt and I were talking about how we both have changed alot since knowing each other in Houston. How am i different? Holy Cow, let me just count the ways. All that to say people like Matt and Christy were part of the catalyst in my life for those changes, and I'm real glad I know them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be here! Can't wait to see you. Let me know when you'll be at Died's.

JD said...

oh my goodness, when am i not going to be at D's. i plan to live there and visit with my friends. :)

Anonymous said...

Aaawww, my friends, the Rasche's! Aren't they wonderful? Thank you for this blog. It is special.

P.S. I love the way you write. I love the language that you use. You have a gift and it inspires me.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis, I like the "S" word blog. It was right up my alley!
Love ya

Anonymous said...

omg--matt turned into a dad!

JD said...

ali - i told them i really wanted to visit them in budapest!

little bro: i love that you call yourself little bro.

trey: i know it's pretty freaky isn't it? it's definitely brought out his softer side. :)