Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Union Station

On Monday I took Pastor James up to Capital Hill to speak with staffers about Sudan. For the most part I think it went well.


When we were walking back to Union Station, we came across this Korean man.



















He stood alone playing the trumpet. And out of that instrument was the sweetest version of "What a friend we have in Jesus" I have ever heard in my life. It was so beautiful James started to tear up.

In unison, we both turned around, took a deep breath and listened. The man stopped playing and started singing this simple praise song to God. It was so pure and simple and good. A far cry from the cynacism that sort of hung over the city that day like a black cloud. I listened and made a special note of thanksgiving for this man.

No comments: