Friday, October 13, 2006

One step at a time

Words from a new book I am reading called Ruthless Trust, by Brennan Manning...

"The words of the fifteenth - century theologian Angelus Silesius, 'If God stopped thinking of me, he would cease to exist,' are thoroughly orthodox. Silesius merely paraphrases the message of Jesus: 'Can you buy five sparrows for two pennies? And yet not one is forgotten in God's sight. Why, every hair on your head has been counted. There is no need to be afraid; you are worth more than hundreds of sparrows." (Luke 12:6-7).

We can feel forgotten, but He is always mindful of us. Lately I have felt uncertain about alot of things. I want clarity, direction, a life compass that I can hold in my hand and point me down the right path. Yet as I have been reading B. Manning's book perhaps that is something I need to let go of and what I really need to do is trust that each step He sees and He knows. He loves me too much to take His eyes off me. He is mindful always... He never forgets.

You light a lamp for me. The Lord, my God, lights up my darkness. - ps 18

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that.

Anonymous said...

19 minutes 54 seconds wasn't fast enough to beat Katie. She got 18 minutes 44 seconds. She beat me by a whole minute and 10 seconds. I don't feel too bad though because under 20 minutes was my goal and I did it. Talk to you later sis.

JD said...

For a 5K!!! You people are insane I tell you. Insane.

sorry i haven't called you back yet. i am a bad sister.