Thursday, October 19, 2006

Momma D and the anklebiters

The picture to the left is of me and my mom when i was just a young thing. My mom likes the little ones and she has been teaching again. Her email made me smile this morning...


I subbed for that same lady in first grade that I had subbed for all those weeks because she had to go to a funeral. The kids had made me a bag with all their little handprints on it plus they had written notes of appreciation. They are such sweet children. If I would have known that children this age are as sweet as they are, I think I would have chosen to teach this age group all those years. They all had to give me hugs when I went out to the playground to pick them up this morning and then they all said how much they had missed me and I told them how much I had missed them too which was true. I hope I said positive words into their lives because I can remember how much my first teachers meant to me and how important it is to start your school years on a positive note. I just hope I never was a teacher that caused a child to dislike school or said hurtful words to them. Anyway, guess I had better get going this evening. Love and prayers, Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is cool b/c our church staff is doing Bruce Wilkinson's Seven Laws of the Learner. It talks about how to be a great teacher and to cause your students to learn. He says that we should all strive to be that one teacher who speaks a significant word into that one student's life that they will carry into adulthood and that blossums them into greatness. I'm sure your mom was, and is again, that.