Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's a desert out there


Listening to: Brenda Fassie, "Vul'indela"

























One of the men i met told me God brought a verse to his mind a year ago, when he approached a border and the customs officer searches his stuff and found copies of the New Testament.





To his shock, all the officers wanted a copy to read.






























The verse is in Amos 8: "The days are coming," declares the Sovereign LORD, "when I will send a famine through the land— not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the LORD. Men will stagger from sea to sea and wander from north to east, searching for the word of the LORD, but they will not find it. "





















Man. The Word of God is life. Whether we are in a dry and weary land, or in a place of abundance.
























I was mostly amazed at how God pursues people, all over the world where it is not so easy to hear the message of Christ. It makes me love Him that much more...




























4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is an amazing story. We live in a country where the word is so available and yet many are still famished.

JD said...

Ali - from what people told me, it's like there is a hunger and thirst for truth there that can no longer be satisfied by religion. People are desiring more. very exciting!!

Anonymous said...

hmmm- I'm not sure how to do this...am I leaving a comment to a particular story or to the entire entry?
Just wante d you to know I stoped by.
I didn't see a famous salsa video that was taken in Houston!?!
:-)
Ok- just checkin in.
luv ya,
Mel

JD said...

Mel!!! You posted.

I'm thinking a good salsa video is in order. I enjoyed chatting this weekend.