Friday, January 19, 2007

No girliness here

Last Sunday, my roomate and I were driving home from church. I look over at her, "Jadine - Am I abnormal for a girl?"

"NO!!!" She laughs.

I was alluding to the worship service in which a comment that the guest pastor made about the women in the congregation. He basically made a generalization about how women were looking for men to marry that would provide them with A and B and C; mostly they were materialistic objectives. Alot of women in our church apprarently was really identifying with his comment. Part of me was a bit horrified. Sometimes i feel like i am on the fringe of womendome, or at least in regards to what women talk about and dare i say it care about????

Because let's be honest. I don't like to go shopping. Decorating sounds about as exciting as pulling my toe nails out. I have no furniture. My most precious possessions are my journals, my pictures, and my mac. probably in that order.

i like cold pizza... I was in the NCAA pool with the guys at Deidrichs last Spring.

What I am trying to say is that I'm not very girly.

With the exception of really loving babies.

A guy friend told me once, that I was just the right amount of girl. This is reassuring, because of the source, but i probably should just be assuring myself that i am this way for a reason. It's not better or worse, and being someone i'm not will definitely prove to be more frustrating, than being a little different.

5 comments:

celina said...

10 degrees today. my chore for the morning was to clean the windows. i had to stop because the cleaner was freezing on the glass - and this is inside! i love it.

Anonymous said...

Feminity is displayed in many forms -- some of which may not be as common as others. But no worries mate... you are definitly 100% pure woman!

Anonymous said...

who really likes girly girly foofoos anyways---i mean really!!?!!?

JD said...

:)

rh said...

I always thought you were a woman. It was one of the first things that I noticed about you.