Tuesday, January 23, 2007

History belongs to the intercessor

At the beginning of this year, I have been drawing nearer to this desire (that comes and goes) to pray. Food has lost it's flavor. Fellowship with others is not fulfilling.Television, movies are distractions that have lost all its power to distract. Nothing is satisfying me, and I think the next few months are going to be interesting.

Every time I look at the NY Times, and I have to see the face of one more person in Iraq grieving over another loved one, my heart just sinks further into a hopeless abyss. It's not really about if we were right or not to go in to Iraq, what burdens me is that death has literally wrapped itself around the region and does not want to let
go.

God once said He was looking for one person to stand in the gap for the land.

I have also been thinking alot about power and authority. God did not take away Satan's power at Calvary, but He did take back authority that was taken from us. I forget that when I come to speak on behalf of friends that are dead in the spiritual sense, on regions of the world that are in turmoil, or our own broken soil, I am coming with the authority Jesus gave me when He shed His blood.

The church, the "ekklesia" are the called out ones.

But we are not just the called out ones. In the New Testament, when Jesus speaks in Matt 16:18-19: I also to say that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of Hell will not overpower it. The word, "church" is the greek word Ekklesia. I was reading a book this week that explains that Greeks in Christ's day used the word ekklesia, and it meant an assembly of people set apart to govern the affairs of a state or nation - in essence, a parliment or congress. The Romans used the word as a group of people sent into a conquered region to alter the culture.

Make no mistake about it - Christ did not intend for His church to be merely different but to make a difference.

As the called out ones - we are called to stand in the gap for our culture, our world. I am not going to just sit there and let it die, but be a catalyst, and use the authority God has given me to do this....to declare that the Kingdoms of this world have become the Kingdoms of our Lord.

2 comments:

rh said...

These next few months certainly should turn out to be interesting for you

JD said...

do you say that based on my blog, or some inside information that i am unaware? :)