Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Seven years in H Town is alot of good living

Listening to: The Constant Gardener Soundtrack

For the first time, in a very long time, i have been rather homesick. i have moved 1400 miles to start a new job, a fairly new life, in a drastically different community. i am in a way living a dream of mine. i left behind alot though...

i miss my old coffee shoppe at 7 in the morning reading the newspaper with the guys. i miss the familiar smells and smiles of H Town. I miss running around Rice University. i miss montrose and how weird it is and how much i loved that it is weird. i miss The Cactus (even as i know it just closed its doors)...

Seven years is alot of living in one place

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so can identify with all of that. Yes, seven years is a long time. I too am struggling to regain what I had there, but perhaps I must just look to here and now and what's ahead. I press on...

Anonymous said...

kingwood or the woodlands is WAY more weird than montrose, imo. . .

: )

I FOUND YOU! wahahah

PS--im not a stalker--honest. . .i checked out my blog statz, and it shows webpages people jump from to get to mine. .

JD said...

:) yeah weird i guess is relative, but when all is said and done i sure loved houston and all the people i knew there...